Technical Consultant / Associate Technical Consultant
Oak Brook, IL
As an Associate Consultant or Consultant, you'll work with colleagues and clients to implement and deploy solutions based on our InterAction® Relationship Intelligence software platform. Relationship Intelligence is, in many ways, similar to CRM, but it is keenly focused on the needs of the Professional Services marketplace, where relationships are critical to sustaining and growing the business.
The (Associate) Consultant will work as part of a team to deliver the solution to the client. That team typically includes resources such as a project manager, business analyst, and technical lead (a more senior technical consultant). The role of the (Associate) Technical Consultant is diverse, and includes activities such as:
- Base System Installation
- Configuration of the InterAction system
- Data Conversions and Data Cleansing
- Developing Custom Integrations (data-based, UI-level, and eventually web services)
- Developing and Testing Customizations
- System Testing
- Deployment Planning and Cutover Support
Technical Consultants on the team have the opportunity to configure and test client solutions built on our client-server, web, and relational database technologies. The (Associate) Consultant will work closely with project managers and Relationship Intelligence business process experts to deliver meaningful business solutions for our clients. Consultants on the team will also have the opportunity to provide feedback to our product management team to help with continuous improvement of our product.
Our customers include large, professional service firms such as law firms, investment banks, accounting and consulting firms, venture capitalists, and private equity groups.
- Analyze legacy data and develop data mapping, conversion, and integration strategies.
- Develop database conversion routines using:
- SSIS/DTS Packages
- SQL Scripting Techniques
- Configure the InterAction System using proprietary configuration tools
- Develop customizations using XML and JSP/ASP skills
- Develop reports using tools such as Business Objects Crystal Reporting and SQL Reporting Services
- Cleanse client data using custom SQL and advanced data cleansing tools.
Experience/Skills/Requirements (not all skills will apply to all roles):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 2 - 8 years experience in IT Consulting or in the Professional Services department of a software company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- 2-4 years RDBMS (SQLServer 7/2000/2005)
- .NET and Web development experience (C#.NET, ASP.NET, XML, JSP, IIS) a plus
- Experience with any of the following systems/roles is a plus:
- SharePoint Development
- Elite Time and Billing
- CMS / CMSOpen / Aderant
- LegalEase / MarketEase / ContactEase
- First Logic ACE and DataRight
- POSITION REQUIRES a willingness to travel 60% of the time on average. Occasional periods of 100% travel may be required. To date, this has not included any long-term (> 1 month) out of town assignments.
- MUST have an understanding of the consulting lifestyle. At times, client commitments will require extensive overtime. A 50-hour week should be the baseline expectation - higher at peaks.