Business Development Maturity Assessment
Define your processes and align strategies
for improved success
Make Sure You’re on the Right Path to Reach Your Goals
Get a tangible road map for what steps your firm needs to take to reach its goals. Make gradual and tangible improvements now by taking the LexisNexis® InterAction® Business Development (BD) Maturity Assessment and find out where your firm is on the Maturity Scale of the LexisNexis® Business Development Maturity Model (Maturity Model).
How you operate and grow your business requires a certain level of flexibility, adjustment, and assessment. To build a path to greater maturity, you must first know where you stand.
LexisNexis Business Development Maturity Model
The LexisNexis Business Development Maturity Model is a business development model that allows your organization to have its methods and processes evaluated according to defined best practices against a clear set of external benchmarks.
Benchmarks are organized into the following dimensions:
- Organization – Leadership, staff, culture
- Process – Methodology, policies, documentation
- Enablement – Skills, coaching, tools
- Focus – Targeting, qualifying, strategy
- Oversight & Accountability – Goals, KPIs, tracking
- Relationship & Client Experience – Process, outcomes, client satisfaction
- Analytics & Intelligence – Benchmarking, effectiveness, insights
Designed to help assess where you are and to help you create a road map to build a plan for how you improve and move the firm forward, the Maturity Model provides valuable guidance on how to use tools, technology, and create processes proven to work.
What level of Business Development Maturity
would you like to see your firm achieve?
Needs organization; needs formalized business development
Reactive; inconsistent; tactical not strategic
Some formalized business development; inconsistent usage
Formalized business development used throughout most of firm; beginning to use trends and data
Standard business development process adhered to by all of firm; process documented and measured; use quantifiable data; CMO/CBDO play strategic role
Standard business development process consistently monitored, refined, and improved; use quantifiable data as well as predictive or automated technology; CMO/CBDO empowered to innovate and drive strategic outcomes
Receive a BD Maturity Report,
tailored to your firm
After working with 75% of the Am Law 100 firms and 74% of the Global 100 firms for over 20 years, we found that firms often try to make too big of a leap, too quickly.
Determine what changes are needed, where you need to further define your processes, and how to align your strategy to the desired business development outcomes. Take the BD Maturity Assessment and know where your firm stands.
The benefits include:
- Maturity Level – An accurately measured Maturity Level, with recommendations on how to improve
- Benchmarking – An independently held set of benchmarks that allows your organization to compare its Maturity Level with other organizations or other parts of your own organization
- Consistency – A consistent set of questions and scoring developed by trusted advisors with years of sector experience